Sunday, April 16, 2006

Finished! (well almost)

My SockapalOOOza socks are finished! Just a couple of tails to tuck, blocking and volia! They will be ready to send to my pal.
Stats -
Yarn - Socks that Rock in Pebble Beach
Pattern - Tiger Eyes from Socks Socks Socks
The only change I made was the edging. Since these are toe up, the picot edging was last. The pattern called for a crochet picot. Although it looked real nice, it was so tight you couldn't get the socks over your heel (kinda important to be able to wear them). I tried a second time with the same result. My daughter suggested a knitted picot with a hem. That is what I did and it worked great!


Now here is the "almost finished"................

I had a leak in my bathroom, had to remove and discard the toilet with the hole in the finish. Cut out the icky moldy subfloor and pull up the ugly vinyl. We (my son and I) replaced the subfloor - not an easy task when you own few tools! We are now a 2 saw family! This weekend the tiling began. Once we started it went so smooth - I put down the adhesive and set the tile, Nick went behind me and made sure they were straight and the gaps were even. We borrowed a tile saw so the cuts were easy. Everything sounds great - right?


Well, surprise surprise - I can't measure!! I didn't buy enough tile!! Since we didn't figure this out until Saturday late afternoon and Sunday is Easter, the tile store will not be opened until Monday! Yikes, what a screw up! On the plus side, I like the tile and can see an end to this project. Whats another week?

3 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Great socks, Cindy--although I have to say that I am almost more impressed with your floor re-tiling! (One I know I can do, and the other is a totaly mystery to me...)

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger alison said...

The socks look awesome! So pretty and comfy looking. Great job!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Soggy Desert Rat said...

Lovely socks! Isn't it nice to know they'll be going to a good home!

Thanks for the tile story. I'll be doing mine - some day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home